Category Archives: Gluten Free
Gluten Free Pesto Spaghetti
- 100g pine nuts (gently toasted)
- Large handful of basil leaves
- 60 Parmesan grated
- 2 fat garlic cloves crushed
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- 400g gluten-free sphaghetti
- Bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put the pine nuts, basil, paremssan, garlic and rapeseed oil in a blender and blend until well combined. Check seasoning and adjust.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente and drain well.
- Mix pesto through pasta and add more rapeseed oil for a looser consistency.
- Top with parsley and shaved parmesan.
- 4oz / 110g gluten free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1oz / 30g caster sugar (or Xylitol)
- 3oz / 80g dairy free butter
- 135 ml oat cream (Oatly brand)
- 6oz / 190g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with silicone paper
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl with salt and stir in sugar.
- Rub butter into flour mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in oat cream until it forms a lump mix and add blueberries very gently.
- Drop tablespoons full of mix onto baking tray and bake for approx 20 mins until golden.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of The Intolerant Cookbook
- 200g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 70g chorizo sausage, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into random chunks
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fry the slices of chorizo in a glug of olive oil for a few minutes until they are just beginning to go brown and crunchy. Remove and set aside.
- Put the peppers, chickpeas and cumin seeds into the pan the chorizo had been cooking in and fry for a 3-4 minutes. Then add the paprika and stir to mix.
- Once the peppers are just starting to soften, add the tomato puree and stir. Add a splash of sherry vinegar and the chorizo back to the pan. Let the mixture down with a dash of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for 5 minutes for the flavours to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Frozen Yogurt (gluten free)
- 500g frozen berries (mix of blueberries, raspberries etc)
- 500g pot of Low fat natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Blitz together in a food processor until smooth and freeze.
- After 2 hours take out and blitz again to remove ice crystals. Put back into freezer.
- Allow to soften at room temperature for a while before serving. Can be served in place of ice cream.